Subject: Re: Wireless Card Recommendations
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2003 07:51:52 (David Young) writes:
>   On a per-packet basis? How do you do that? It was my understanding
>   that there was only a master power setting, and you had to reset the
>   Aironet after you changed it.

To be honest, I forgot which setting went where.  As you say the TX
power isn't prepended to the packet (like the tx rate) but requires
you to frob the card's power setting out-of-band.

Several similar papers lead me to believe that on-the-fly power
changes were possible and folks did use it to crank the power down for
packets that didn't need to be blasted out at full power.

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)