Subject: Re: Wireless Card Recommendations
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2003 02:59:43
On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 08:42:19PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> I would highly recommend the EnGenius/Senao cards available from:
>
> http://www.netgate.com/
>
> They are 200 mW where most cards are 30 mW or maybe up to 100 mW. They

This is SO off topic, but this begs for a response: 200mW is OVERKILL
for most applications. 50mW or LESS is sufficient for the majority of
applications.  Be a responsible user of the spectrum (and save money!) by
choosing the right power level for your application. Home and office
networking does NOT usually require 200mW.

Dave