Subject: Re: Wireless Card Recommendations
To: None <>
From: David Young <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2003 02:59:43
On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 08:42:19PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> I would highly recommend the EnGenius/Senao cards available from:
> They are 200 mW where most cards are 30 mW or maybe up to 100 mW. They

This is SO off topic, but this begs for a response: 200mW is OVERKILL
for most applications. 50mW or LESS is sufficient for the majority of
applications.  Be a responsible user of the spectrum (and save money!) by
choosing the right power level for your application. Home and office
networking does NOT usually require 200mW.

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933