Subject: Re: Problem Building 06/27/2003 Source
To: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/2003 10:37:33
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 10:13:53AM -0400, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> Toru TAKAMIZU wrote:
> > Seemingly you are doing right. As you pointed out, releng.netbsd.org
> > implies that you can build from the source of this date.
> > But why don't you specify another date?
> >
> And you don't *want* to build that date, as we've learned on the
> install list, there are crashing bugs in previously stable things
> like libcurses, that were fixed a few days later.
>
> People are checking in without regression testing.  :-(
>
> http://releng.netbsd.org/ab/B_HEAD/arch.html says *everything* failed
> until Jul 1, and then some were successful Jul 2, so I'd start after
> that date....  I'm trying one this morning.

The reason I was using 06/27/2003 is that it was the last date of a
successful build for a while. Finally, there was a successful build
on 07/02/2003. I tried checking out 07/02/2003 sources but I
generated the same tools error. I am updating again right now to
07/02/2003 sources. I'll see if it works this time. Thank you for your
time.

Bryan