Subject: Re: groff-1.19 imported
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2003 13:20:54
[ On Tuesday, July 1, 2003 at 12:06:22 (+0200), Thomas Klausner wrote: ]
> Subject: groff-1.19 imported

Very nice!  Thanks!

> o The mdoc package has been completely rewritten, using the full power of
>   GNU troff to remove limitations of Unix troff (which is no longer
>   supported).

It would be nice if NetBSD somehow still supported the original AT&T
troff compatible mdoc macros so that those of us using NetBSD as a
development platform could more easily maintain compatability for our
own documents.

Ideally NetBSD would support this natively, though if that seems too
difficult then perhaps we can create a package for the old macros.

(and of course I mean the really ancient original macros, not the
modified ones NetBSD has provided until now :-)

> SGR output has been disabled in tmac/troffrc.

Thank you!  :-)

BTW, have you ever considered migrating to the fully internationalized
Plan-9 troff now that it appears to be available under a very BSD-like
license?  I started looking at porting it to NetBSD but I need to get a
lot more familiar with the Plan-9 UTF support.

--
								Greg A. Woods