Subject: Re: ktrace records now get lwp id
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2003 05:20:30
In some email I received from Jaromir Dolecek, sie wrote:

> Err, you don't really need many resources. Nobody asks you to build
> full release of all archs. But you should have used the fine
> build.sh cross-tools to test-compile kernels for at least bunch
> of other archs, at least one per processor type. I do believe
> the commit could have waited couple more days while your machine
> would be test-compiling stuff.
>
> The cross-tools are great in that you can easily test-compile
> stuff on many architectures. Please use them - it's not appropriate
> to let others fix compilatibility of your changes when the test
> tools are readily available.

Ok, well, I tried to cross build a sparc kernel from read-only source...

./build.sh -M /home/obj/sparc -D /home/obj/sparc -R /home/obj/rel -T /home/obj/tooldir -m sparc kernel=GENERIC

/mnt/netbsd/src/tools -> /home/obj/sparc/mnt/netbsd/src/tools
===> MACHINE:          sparc
===> MACHINE_ARCH:     sparc
===> TOOLDIR path:     /home/obj/tooldir
===> DESTDIR path:     /home/obj/sparc
===> RELEASEDIR path:  /home/obj/rel
===> Created /home/obj/tooldir/bin/nbmake
===> makewrapper:      /home/obj/tooldir/bin/nbmake-sparc
===> Updated /home/obj/tooldir/bin/nbmake-sparc
===> Building kernel without building new tools
/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile -> /home/obj/sparc/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile
===> Building kernel:  GENERIC
===> Build directory:  /home/obj/sparc/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core .gdbinit
./build.sh: /home/obj/tooldir/bin/nbconfig: not found

ERROR: nbconfig failed for GENERIC
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

Clues?

Darren