Subject: Re: ktrace records now get lwp id
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2003 03:53:44
In some email I received from Jason Thorpe, sie wrote:

> On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 07:28  AM, Darren Reed wrote:
>
> > Without a doubt I've broken all the other architectures compiling some
> > drivers for which I apologise in advance but *I* can only do so much.
> > The changes required to get these changes to work are going to be more
> > manual than tricky.  Typically replacing 'struct proc *' with a
> > 'struct lwp *', maybe adding a l_proc here or there is what's required,
> > along with updating function prototypes.
>
> This is unacceptable.  You have the ability to cross-compile nearly
> every NetBSD platform, and you should have done so and fixed up the
> problems before checking in this patch.

Really ?
And which TNF supplied box provides me with the ability to do that,
Jason ?  Or is there a Wasabi one to provide such resources to ppl ?

I'm sorry to say that I just don't have the spare boxes, GHz, MB
or GB that the average Wasabi staffer has to do these things, so
no, I do not have the ability to cross-compile nearly every NetBSD
platform like others do.  I've got enough space set aside to build
-current NetBSD kernels on the platform with the quickest CPU I have
which is x86 and that's it.  If you or someone else is willing to
throw some hardware my way that I can turn on when required to do
that work, I won't say no :)

> Also, who reviewed your final patch?  I seem to recall there were some
> issues with the previous version, and I didn't see an updated version
> posted for review.

Acutally, there were no comments to the patches I updated on June 14.

None at all.

So don't blame me if you didn't review them or didn't read your
email and feel like you were left out of the loop - you weren't.

I sent out an email, but I can't make you read it or review the
patches.

Where people provided feedback/comments, I addressed them.

The last comments I received were from Chuck Silvers about
'struct buf' and his comments I took on board and fixed things
up.

The only others to provide useful comments, that I've got a record
of in my inbox, were lha@ and nathanw@ and that was months ago.

Darren