Subject: Re: belkin PDA adapter
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20030627T101023@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2003 10:18:17
jschauma@netmeister.org (Jan Schaumann) writes:
> I have a Belkin USB<->Serial adapter (F5U109), which is correctly
> recognized as
>
> umct0 at uhub2 port 1
> umct0: Belkin USB PDA Adapter Belkin Components, rev 1.10/1.02, addr 2
> ucom0 at umct0
>
> However, when I try
>
> cu -l /dev/ttyU0 -s 9600
>
> I don't get anything (same setup on the serial port (ie /dev/tty00)
> works fine).  Any idea?

I have a Dlink DSB-S25 USB/Serial adaptor that is useless in the same
way.  It will work for low datarate unidirectional traffic, but fail
miserably for bidirectional traffic.

Strangely, a PCI based com card will exhibit the same problem.  The
primary oncard com ports work fine, It is just that I can't seem to
find any add-on cards that work with netbsd/i386.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)