Subject: Anyone know how to get a Via chipset to work with X?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2003 00:09:31
	Anyone know how to get the Via Technology's motherboard video
	to work with X?

	I tried stealing the RedHat via_drv.o for giggles but the pVia
	symbol was undefined so the Xserver croaked after otherwise
	initializing the screen and executing most of the .o's code...

	Has someone created a via_drv.o for NetBSD yet?

	It's a Via Mainboard motherboard, C3M266-L, with a 1Ghz C3 processor
	and the "CastleRock" video; 8235 Northbridge. I'm hoping someone
	has got the developer docs/XFree86 via_drv.c code from Via and
	made a nice little via_drv.o to slip in.

	Related, can't seem to find a way to activate the audio driver on
	the motherboard even though autoconf seems to know what it is:

   VIA Technologies VT8233/VT8235 AC-97 Audio Controller (audio multimedia, revision 0x50) at pci0 dev 17 function 5 not configured

	Do I need a special config line in the kernel conf to get it going?

		-Rob