Subject: Re: libpthread
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2003 23:47:12
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 12:39  PM, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>
> > I can send you a set of files and instructions on how to make it crash.
>
> Well then FILE A BUG REPORT.  That is what we have a bug tracking
> system for!

While Lennart hasn't been filing formal PRs that I've seen, he's been
very good at providing me with errors, traces, and cores as he sees
them. Unfortunately, most of them haven't been ones I recognized or
was able to fix with the information either of us had at hand, which
is much more my fault than Lennart's.

The fact that so many of the problems are in Mozilla, which is an
absolute debugging nightmare no matter how you slice it, has
definitely added to the difficulty.

(I seem to have found myself a nice little circle of Hell where the
only interesting programs using this stuff are the absurdly complex
ones...)

        - Nathan