Subject: umass pen drive with "security device"
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2003 17:31:27
Hi,

I have one of these babies here:
http://www.flash-memory-store.com/51usbflasdri.html

It shows up as a uhub with a umass and a ugen:

uhub3 at uhub1 port 1
uhub3: ACDC Inc. USB Hub, class 9/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2
umass0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: ACDC Inc. USB Mass Storage, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
ugen0 at uhub3 port 2
ugen0: ACDC Inc. Security Device, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 4
sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <, , > disk removable

And that's as far as it goes.  It will just sit there.  If I try to
access sd0, it will hang the machine.  Presumably, I'd need a quirk to
flip the "security" bit or something like that.  How would I go about
finding the right quirk?

-Jan

--
chown -R us:enemy your_base