Subject: Re: libpthread
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2003 16:26:05
Martin Husemann wrote:

>It's sometimes a bit hard to figure out how to fix the application properly,
>but you can't blame that on the OS or libpthread.
>
>The only thread related bugs not in this league are the kernel panics.

I'm sorry, but it not true that the kernel panics are the only pthread
problem(s).  Mozilla dies with failed assertions in libpthread quite
often for me.  And these are not locks that are mishandled.  It's things
like
assertion "PTQ_LAST(&pthread__runqueue, pthread_queue_t) != qhead"
failed: file "/usr/SRC/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_run.c", line 237,
function "pthread__sched_bulk"

    -- Lennart