Subject: Re: libpthread
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2003 02:12:46
Frank van der Linden wrote:

>	2) Back it out, after the problems became apparent.
>
>	   "Yeah, right." Do you know what a pain that would have been?
>	   Also, it would simply bring you back to 1).

I think this is a real alternative.
But it might not be so drastic as actually backing it out, since
non-threaded apps don't seem to suffer.  Just disable the native
pthread support as the default until it's stable.

I'm in no way trying to belittle the effort that went into the SA
and pthread support, but the fact remains that there are some
serious issues with it.  At least we're having a discussion about
how to proceed now.

    -- Lennart