Subject: Re: libpthread
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2003 12:49:12
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

>Honestly, I do not think it was a good decision on core's part to allow
>the pthread code to come in in a state in which it would render the
>preexisting SMP functionality so unstable as to be useless in a multiuser
>environment, certainly not if it was going to stay that way for *months*
>on end.

Well, it's not only on SMP that pthreads are broken.  They don't
really work on a single processor either.  Just read email with
mozilla and crashes abound.

It would be nice if there was a simple way to choose never to use
native pthreads on a machine.  This should be an option as long as
pthreads are broken.

    -- Lennart