Subject: Re: anybody USEs_TOPDOWN_VM?
To: dieter <dieter@opensource.rave.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2003 17:02:49
>I'm asking bacause I put it in my kernel config out of curiousity and it
>makes my machine crash now and then. I filed a pr about it (kern/21755)
>but I wonder if there's anything more I can do then send backtraces.

if you can get crash dumps and put them up somewhere for download,
along with the corresponding netbsd.gdb kernels, that would be cool.
are you also using options INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE?

>Of course, if it's known to be experimental and unstable or people are
>still working on it, I'll quit making noise and happily remove it from my
>kernel.  (options(4) just didn't give me that impression.)

i use it all the time on my i386 laptop.  i was pretty sure i'd gotten
all the bugs out, but perhaps not.  how old is your laptop?  is it at
all possible that you have bad memory in it?  can you remove and
reseat any additional memory modules?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."