Subject: Vlans with fxp nics
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/2003 13:58:02
With 1.6.1 generic, and maybe with 1.6 but I didn't test it much though, I'm
getting the fxp driver rejecting packets with the vlan header as being too
big.  As a crutch I tried to pull down the mtu size, but that didn't seem to
make any difference at all (1450).

Is the fxp's not handle vlans right?

fxp1: discarding oversize frame (len=1510)
fxp1: discarding oversize frame (len=1510)
... Until forever ...

I have been trying to rebuild even the GENERIC kernel from 1.6.1 source and
failing miserably.  I don't get how a clean 1.6.1 installed system can't
build from it's own code.  It's like I've lost my brain...

Anyway.  Do I just need a different NIC?

Thanks,

peter