Subject: Re: amr and Dell PE 2600
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd@gendalia.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2003 20:45:29
Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
>   I'm trying to get a Dell PE 2600 working under current and as it stands it
>doesn't recognise the raid controller.  So I added the following to amr.c (and
>the associated defines to pcidevs), which appeared to be the only change
>required in the OpenBSD commit of a week or two ago that appears to add
>support there.

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2600, which is available with several different
RAID controllers.  I thought the changes necessary for my PERC 4/di were
added to current already:
# dmesg|grep amr
amr0 at pci8 dev 8 function 0: AMI RAID <PERC 4/Di>
amr0: interrupting at apic 6 int 0 (irq 11)
amr0: firmware 2.24, BIOS 1.03, 128MB RAM
ld0 at amr0 unit 0: RAID 5, optimal

How current are you working with?

-Tracy