Subject: Re: devfs, was single user mode file comparisons
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2003 15:23:11
Thus spake Bill Studenmund ("BS> ") sometime Today...

BS> > I'd have to see some more examples of this...
BS>
BS> That comes across as a bit imperious. :-) How about asking concrete
BS> questions?

Sorry about that, I've other things on the brain at the moment (such
as continued employment).

to put it more succinctly, I think that's best read as "I'd have to
see some more examples of this before I can understand it fully."

In short, I don't quite follow it all just yet, but I'm sure it will
make itself more obvious...

Are you talking about being able to name a device, say, "rootdisk", and
it won't matter what you put in where because any references to "rootdisk"
will somehow manage to locate the disk you've designated as the root disk
by, e.g., geometry, label, checksum or some other magic?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: It's not Windows.