Subject: Re: single user mode file comparisons
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Charles Blundell <cb@kittenz.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2003 17:47:02
on Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:25:59AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:
> What we'd need is some sort of configuration file that we could let the
> devfs look at when starting up.  Someone might, for example, have per-
> missions on disks just slightly different, or they might change them
> after the system comes up.

mtree?

In rc devfs stop, save specification with mtree -C to some file.
In rc devfs start, restore it with mtree -u from some file.

So modify as usual with chmod/chown+friends, changes get
saved automagically next reboot/cron-cycle.

Probably needs some way of differentiating default permissions
from modified to keep specification file size down, though.