Subject: Re: how do I build a debugger (-g) instbin in the build.sh world?
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2003 00:01:26
[ On Monday, June 9, 2003 at 02:42:49 (GMT), Christos Zoulas wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: how do I build a debugger (-g) instbin in the build.sh world?
>
> You don't need to. Just keep the core file, and re-compile the binary with
> -g on your working system. Then you can use your old core with the new -g
> binary.

I know all that and that's what I'm asking:  Is there an easier in the
land of $TOOLDIR to build "instbin" without stripping debugger symbols?

As far as I can tell I have to get down and dirty with the generated
"instbin.mk" guts.  Is there not some higher-level way to control the
use of --strip-debug by nbcrunchcen and setting of STRIP while using
that makefile?  Is debugging "instbin" with a symbolic debugger done
rarely enough that everyone doing it does the manual hacking every time
they go through the compile-edit-test loop?

--
								Greg A. Woods