Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2003 08:02:58
Thus spake David Laight ("DL> ") sometime Today...

DL> > Oh, something's gotten very big and taken up my 40GB file
DL> > system.  I wonder what?
DL>
DL> That will always happen, it doesn't make much difference which fs
DL> is full - unless you need to protect the system for users.
DL> (give each user his own filesystem?)

Yes, but if root is small(er), it won't take as much time to find something
which is preventing, i.e., chpass or vipw from working.  It's much quicker
to check 64MB or 256MB than it is to check 40GB.

				--*greywolf;
--
"Never mind the bollocks, here's NetBSD!"