Subject: Re: building -current on FreeBSD fails
To: Mark Valentine <mark@valentine.me.uk>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2003 19:41:41
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 06:18:05PM +0000, Mark Valentine wrote:
  | installboot seems to assume it gets the endian macros via <sys/types.h>
  | (which includes <machine/endian.h>).
  |
  | It would seem more correct to explicitly include the host's <sys/endian.h>
  | (not <machine/endian.h>) in tools code which needs these routines.  This
  | seems to work at least on NetBSD and FreeBSD.
  |
  | The (hastily attempted) patch below got me through "build.sh release"
  | for NetBSD/sparc on my FreeBSD/i386 host.

Hi Mark.

The inclusion of "compat.h" before <sys/param.h> (et al) should mean
that your patches are unnecessary for the build of tools/installboot,
as compat.h should be providing the endian macros.

Obviously this isn't the case for your build, so there's something at
fault.

That said, we should be fixing this in compat.h and not in the
installboot sources.

Luke.