Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: felix zaslavskiy <felix@students.poly.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2003 19:07:02
One particular problem i had couple of days ago.
I was installing one a not so old computer with a new disk and the
question about BIOS geometry confused me because it claimed the disk had
less cylinders then what it actualy says on the disk. I know all about
that the BIOS geometry is fake now but for newbie people or who had not
read the installation guid in detail they would not know that.

I said geometry was incorrect and picked the real geometry.  Ofcouse
then nothing worked.  The sysinstall continued and let me select the
partition sizes but the actualy write to disk failed.