Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
To: Phil Nelson <philnelson@attbi.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2003 18:37:50
[ On Thursday, June 5, 2003 at 15:03:10 (-0700), Phil Nelson wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
>
> I don't see this BIOS problem going away for quite a while.

Don't forget that it is not really all that difficult to make it such
that one can load the second-stage boot from a partition that is quite
separate from the root partition -- indeed even on a separate device
altogether.  FreeBSD and Linux have been doing, or at least able to do,
this for years now.  I think it's still harder to do in NetBSD/i386, but
that doesn't mean it can't be fixed.

--
								Greg A. Woods