Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
To: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2003 14:24:03
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Why separate /home for mail/WWW servers?  My experience is that on
> servers /var is the big variable, and /home is vestigial.
>
> That's why I wrote:
>  - Server would split out /, /tmp, /var, and /usr.
>  - Development would split out /, /usr, and /home!

How could you possibly automate that calculation in such a way as to
please everyone? You can't! The automatic sizing hardly ever made any
sense. That's why david's move is long overdue. The suggested defaults
are now what most folks would have done anyway, and rest of us know
what to do. Thank's David! Now, please end this discussion.

Frederick