Subject: Re: Rototil of sysinst partitioning code
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2003 21:46:06
Thus spake David Laight ("DL> ") sometime Today...

DL> I've just commited a rototil of the sysinst code that asks for the
DL> sizes of the netbsd partitions.
DL>
DL> After earlier discussions I've defaulted to 128MB of swap and
DL> all the rest of the space in "/".

*kerblam!*

Hey, David, missing some toes?

I think the sysinst code needs a deeper rototill than that.

We shouldn't even be THINKING about determining partition sizes
in autoconf mode until we have determined what we're installing.

At the minimum, we should have /, /var, /usr and swap; anything
left over goes to a hog (/export)?  OR have I been spoiled by Sunisms
over the years?  It works, nonetheless.

/var doesn't get that big?  Hm.  Where's db/pkg live?

I still don't think consolidating / and /usr or, more especially, / and
/var is a particularly bright idea.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Stop, Drop, and Load