Subject: pppd couldn't delete default route
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Miller <tmiller@flex.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2003 23:00:08
Hi,

About a week ago /usr/src/usr.sbin/pppd/pppd/sys-bsd.c was updated
from version 1.40 to version 1.41.  I'm wondering if this update
is causing a new error message I now receive when I "hang up" by
turning off the power switch on my modem:

pppd[pid]: Couldn't delete default route: No such process

I can delete the default route by hand with

# route delete default

If I try to reconnect without deleting the default route manually,
I get the following error:

pppd[pid]: Couldn't add default route: File exists

# cat /etc/ppp/options
/dev/tty00
lock
crtscts
57600
defaultroute
noipdefault

What are the "process" and the "File" referenced in pppd's error
messages?

What should I be doing to get the default route to go away
automagically?

Thanks *very* much!

Tom