Subject: Re: FFS_EI isn't mounting little on bigendian.
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2003 13:49:48
On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:43:24PM -0400, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:
> On 1054262198 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> >
> >>I am running 1.6T on macppc and FFS_EI just isn't letting me either
> >>see or write the i386 disklabel.
> >
> >	if i understand correctly, FFI_EI lets you mount disk formatetd
> >	w/ different endian, but does not allow you to edit disklabel.
>
> The disklabel is probably offset by a different amount on the macppc
> than the i386.  I had this issue when mounting disks on the alpha.
> The way that I solved it was that disklabel -r will scan for the
> label, so you can do something along the lines of
>
> 	disklabel -r sd0 | disklabel -R sd0 /dev/stdin

wild!

disklabel -r is brilliant!

ok so now I am getting the error that -e gave me:

-bash-2.05b# disklabel -r wd1 | disklabel -R wd1 /dev/stdin
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Label magic number or checksum is wrong!
(disklabel or kernel is out of date?)

This seems wrong. I have it working now (see other email) but I am
perplexed why I get such an obviously wrong answer.

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com - Melbourne, Australia
 http://rubberduck.com/~yeled/