Subject: Re: anonget2 (Was: Re: galeon and threads on -current)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2003 15:04:06
On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:58:51PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:

> I still think what we did is right. The merge was long overdue. What we
> need now is more people getting a clue at the innards of libpthread and help
> improving it. I see progress, steady, but slow. We need to speed it up, and/
> or stay patient for a while. This is -current, after all.

I would like to see some more advanced methods of debugging threaded
apps or libpthreads.  I'm trying to make asterisk (the pbx) usable on my
NetBSD -current system, and figuring out if it is a problem with our
pthreads, kernel, the app, etc is beyond me at this point.

It works fine on Linux of course, and mostly works on NetBSD, but when it
has issues, I kill it and start it again, but it has the same issues.
Rebooting the box and starting asterisk works ok again for a bit.  So it
seems almost like it is not really asterisk that is getting hosed. :)

I will have to test it out more with a larger stack I guess, since it sounds
like that is a real limitation for some apps.

-Andrew