Subject: python, threads, zope, stack problems?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/2003 22:56:47
I am running NetBSD 1.6T (-current) and am trying to investigate
what look like stack problems with python threads in Zope.

Basically, when I call a python method (such as an external method,
to make it simpler to trace), the method parameters tend to get
trashed, even when calling using named parameters.

For example, with the following call method :
    def gtfamlist (self, dcpgset='', separator='\t', REQUEST=None,
	RESPONSE=None):

self is handled properly,
dcpgset and separator are typically null,
the value being passed into dcpgset is passed into an *extra* parameter after
separator and before REQUEST,
and REQUEST and RESPONSE are passed correctly.
(I have to add an extra parameter to be able to call this method)

This problem comes and goes to some unknown whim, and sure looks
like a stack problem to me. Anyone else seeing this?