Subject: Re: Nvidia2 board, Cardbus, Airlancer-11
To: Michael van Elst <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/2003 23:50:01
In message <ba4utv$p8u$>, you write:

-> (Thomas Runge) writes:
-> >What gives me headaches is this Airlancer MC-11 Wlan card,
-> >connected via a TI1225 PCI-Cardbus bridge. The bridge
-> >itself is recognized by the kernel, but insertions and
-> >removals of the Wlan card are not detected. Even after
-> >a fresh boot with the card inserted... no card for the
-> >kernel.
-> >Same result when using a DWL-650 instead of the Airlancer.
-> Both cards are PCMCIA, not cardbus. You may want to investigate
-> different settings for: RBUS_IO_BASE, RBUS_IO_SIZE and RBUS_MIN_START.

While this is most likely true, there *are* cardbus versions of the
DWL-650... Gotta love companies who go through several generations
of product with different innards and the same model number!

Rafal Boni
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill