Subject: Re: Using build.sh, a question
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/23/2003 09:47:35
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 11:05:49AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
  | 	Hi Luke.  the problem I've run into is that the build process can't
  | build the rescue directory or the floppies, which are both crunched binary
  | sets, because rcorder, chown and chgrp are unbuilt at the time they're
  | called upon. My hackish fix was to comment those programs out of
  | /usr/src/rescue/list, at which point, all built.  However, this is not the
  | correct fix, and this has been broken for at least two weeks.  You are
  | correct that I should not use -e with the build.sh script, since I'm sure I
  | know less about the tool chain than you do.  So, is anyone else seeing this
  | problem and, if so, do they have a fix?

I haven't seen this problem, and I've built a full distribution and a
full release on multiple occasions recently, from "up to date"
sources.

What's the exact build.sh command you're running?
Are you sources up to date?
Have you tried using a fresh (clean) "tools", "obj", and "destdir"
(if you use any of those)?

Luke.