Subject: cvs screwy
To: None <>
From: Rick Kelly <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2003 22:50:33
When I have problems with anoncvs, I can usually get around them by installing
cvs-1.10. I've had to do this on my 1.6.x and main -current box.

My main -current box:

NetBSD 1.6Q NetBSD 1.6Q (ROOTHOG) #66: Wed Mar 26 20:00:12 MST 2003 i386

Currently updating fine at this moment. I also just update a sparc running

My MP box:

NetBSD wolf 1.6P NetBSD 1.6P (GENERIC.MP) #0: Mon Mar 10 15:43:35 MST 2003  root@:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP i386

wolf# which cvs
wolf# cd /usr
wolf# cvs login
Logging in to
CVS password:
wolf# cd /usr/src
wolf# cvs update -d -P Connection refused
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Over and over again.

Neither one of my -current boxes can build cvs-1.10, as the configure script
thinks NetBSD has morphed into Cygwin. I wonder how much other opensource
stuff will get confused by recent -current?

Logging in to

What is the 2401 above? I don't see that with cvs-1.10.
Rick Kelly