Subject: Re: Using build.sh, a question
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2003 12:04:17
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:29:57PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
  | On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:55:26AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
  | > #cd /usr/src
  | > #./build.sh -O /usr/obj -M /usr/obj -D /var/tmp/netbsd release >& build.log
  | ..
  | > Is this a reasonable way to build NetBSD, or is there some other process I
  | > should be using?

It's not necessary to use both -O and -M; pick one or the other.
(I personally prefer -M).

  | Yes, this sounds fine. I would probably add a -R to set the release dir
  | (since you are building a release).

-R is not necessary since I made build.sh provide a default DESTDIR
and RELEASEDIR unless you're using -E (which I don't recommend;
only people who know more about the toolchain than I should use it,
and they know who they are, and they can support themselves ;-)

  | > And, is anyone else seeing this problem?

I haven't tested a full i386 build release in the last couple of days,
but I'll update my sources and fire one off.

For what it's worth, src/BUILDING has good, simple, functional, and
working examples of how to use build.sh ...

Luke.