Subject: Deprecated calls from gdb to libbfd
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2003 11:19:54
I've just finished installing 1.6Q-i386 from March 30th sources, and
now whenever I try to use gdb, I get error messages

pc1:sources {231} gdb POP
GNU gdb 5.0nb1
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...Deprecated bfd_read called at
/usr/src/gnu/dist/toolchain/gdb/dbxread.c line 2638 in elfstab_build_psymtabs
Deprecated bfd_read called at /usr/src/gnu/dist/toolchain/gdb/dbxread.c line
976 in fill_symbuf

(gdb)

I've tried rebuilding gdb as well as rebuilding libbfd, but the messages
persist.

Anyone got any idea how to get rid of them?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | 9DC5 05CF 1AE7 DC42 CCC6 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 6858 051E 7AD2 A6B2 4954 | pgoyette@juniper.net |