Subject: Re: 20030518 i386 build
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2003 16:16:16
On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 07:51:33AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sun, 18 May 2003, John Nemeth wrote:
>
> >      It looks like the flists for i386 are out of date.  This is the
> > output from a 20030518 i386 build:
>
> > > ./lib/libc.so.12.97
> > 1357a1359
> > > ./usr/include/i386/mouse.h
> > 1916a1919
> > > ./usr/include/sys/float_ieee.h
>
> > checkflist: flist inconsistencies found
> > checkflist: key to output:
> >   <  file is in flist but missing from DESTDIR
> >      (file wasn't installed ?)
> >   >  file is in DESTDIR but missing from flist
> >      (file is obsolete or flist is out of date ?)
> > *** Error code 1
>
> Those are all obsolete files. You're DESTDIR wasn't clean?

And when you delete them (which is usually safe) you'll find that
libstdc++ (IIRC) has a .depend file that refers to float_ieee.h
so makes the build fail.

Actually I do wonder if these extra  files are a problem?
(especially after an 'update' build).

If you build the sets, then don't their contents depend on the flists
with permissions from METALOG (if unprived) not on DESTDIR.
(makbe lukem knows the answer...)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk