Subject: Request for help: GCC guru answers to GCC 3.3 internals question/problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Baker <lucifer@lightbearer.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2003 10:22:52
--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

For various reasons (not really related to NetBSD), I need to make sure
that dynamically linked binaries get an explicit NEEDED statement in the
ELF object for libc, in all cases (IE, I can't ensure that I just add -lc
explicitly to all compiles).

Trying to change LIB_SPEC in gcc/config/netbsd*.h to have a stanza for
'%{shared:-lc}' builds the compiler fine, but causes the testsuite to start
blowing massive chunks; in 3.2, this happened in basic_string template
instantiation; in 3.3, I haven't tracked down what's going on yet (so it
might be the same, or it might not).

I've tried the gcc-help list, and #gcc on IRC, already; unfortunately,
neither had anyone sufficiently capable of figuring out what the problem
was. So now I'm asking here...

(I know about -help, but I suspect that the target audience of
current-users is far more liable to have a clue about compiler internals;
if there's a better list, however, I'm happy to ask there).
--=20
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--