Subject: heads up: 802.11 changes trickling in
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2003 03:54:12
Wireless drivers wi and awi are in a state of flux as I trickle in some
changes to the 802.11 framework.  The changes begin to synchronize us with
important patches for AP scanning, supporting and enforcing regulatory
domains made by Sam Leffler for FreeBSD.  There are also bug fixes,
and some new utility functions are provided.

I am patching the 802.11 framework in preparation for committing my
driver for the new 802.11 chip, the ADMtek ADM8211. The ADM8211 is
in the low-cost 802.11b offerings from D-Link, SMC, and others. It
belongs to the class of dumb 802.11 "packet engines." In other words,
except for providing certain time-sensitive 802.11 MAC functions (sending
RTS/CTS/ACK, WEP encryption, beacon transmission), it closely resembles
a Tulip ethernet chip.

Dave