Subject: Re: ehci/cardbus...
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/2003 01:20:28
In message <>, Peter Seebach writ
>ehci_pci.c tries to find these companion controllers, which, it appears,
>should already have shown up as separate devices, before getting into the
>ehci attach routine.  The corresponding magic never seems to happen in CardBus
>land.  Help?

*sigh*.  Now I feel stupid.

I had never enabled ohci at cardbus, because I didn't have any ohci

Or so I thought.

In fact, the ehci controller probes "companion controllers" - which are ohci

With this crucial change, I can now probe the cardbus USB2 card just fine.

Unfortunately, it doesn't *work* with USB 1.1 devices.  The device is handed
over to the "ohci" controller, which then announces "device disappeared after
reset", and the port is dead thereafter until I pop the card out and plug it
back in.

However, I can probably work around that with a USB2 hub.