Subject: Re: nforce 2 audio?
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-current-users@quatriemek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2003 16:42:05
Le 08 May 2003 17:32:19 +0300
Arto Huusko a ecrit :
> I'm thinking about buying an ASUS A7N8X motherboard shortly.
> Is anyone using such a board with NetBSD (-current)? How does
> it perform, and what all is supported or not supported.
>
> Mostly, I'm interested in knowing whether the audio works at
> all. I'm not interested in the 5.1 support, just regular,
> analog audio output (at least Linux requires a binary driver
> from NVIDIA to make digital and 5.1 work).

Regular audio works, supported by auich(4).

I didn't find anything about a binary driver for audio. I know for sure
there is one for the embedded Ethernet controller, but the audio chip
looks like an auich one.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.