Subject: Re: Problems with ssh/sshd
To: Thomas Linder <Thomas.Linder@xeye.org>
From: Dublet <dublet@dublet.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2003 00:02:25
Thomas Linder(Thomas.Linder@xeye.org)@2003.05.07 23:45:32 +0000:
> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 01:41:02AM -0300, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
> > [...]
> > I noticed, after updating to 1.6R as of 2003/04/29, that sshd started to
> > fail with the message "Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.".  The
> > client receives a similar message.  The problem happens on every SSH2
> > [...]
>
> Experienced the same here.

Here to, although I only experience it from some machines, for instance on
SunOS 5.8 with:
ssh2: SSH Secure Shell 3.0.1 (non-commercial version) on
sparc-sun-solaris2.8
and on selected hosts running the windows ssh.com client.
Using different kinds of OpenSSH doesn't seem to five the problem.

> After starting with the default sshd_config I found out that omitting
> the 'Banner' directive I used solved the problem.

I have no such directive.
--
|>DUBLET: Digital Unit Built for Logical Exploration and Troubleshooting<|
|>Founder of the Society Against Microsoft!<|