Subject: Re: Problems with ssh/sshd
To: Thomas Linder <>
From: Dublet <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2003 00:02:25
Thomas Linder( 23:45:32 +0000:
> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 01:41:02AM -0300, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
> > [...]
> > I noticed, after updating to 1.6R as of 2003/04/29, that sshd started to
> > fail with the message "Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.".  The
> > client receives a similar message.  The problem happens on every SSH2
> > [...]
> Experienced the same here.

Here to, although I only experience it from some machines, for instance on
SunOS 5.8 with:
ssh2: SSH Secure Shell 3.0.1 (non-commercial version) on
and on selected hosts running the windows client.
Using different kinds of OpenSSH doesn't seem to five the problem.

> After starting with the default sshd_config I found out that omitting
> the 'Banner' directive I used solved the problem.

I have no such directive.
|>DUBLET: Digital Unit Built for Logical Exploration and Troubleshooting<|
|>Founder of the Society Against Microsoft!<|
|>The only active society that's been idle for over 2 years.<|