Subject: Re: building an embedded NetBSD
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2003 14:09:31
On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 12:12  PM, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> i have cut down NetBSD for small disk 40MB, all takes about 20MB but
> it's
> really easy to get down to 10MB with a little work. it's 1.5.2
> binaries.

20MB is kind of big -- for one particular system I'm building right
now, I have some server software (which uses Kerberos, and thus slurps
in a fair number of Kerberos-related libraries), IPsec, and a web-based
management interface (including RAID and virtual volume management)
which all fits into < 4MB of on-board flash memory :-)