Subject: Re: X security query.
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Aidan Kehoe <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2003 13:41:04
 Ar an 6ú lá de mí 5, scríobh Steven M. Bellovin :

 > In other words, if your Xauthority file is 0-length, it's not used, and
 > the server falls back to host-based access control.

Ah, right. Except that the host-based access control mechanisms don't
mention that the local host may be automatically allowed access--cf the
xhost output in the original mail. Is that worth submitting a bug over,
d'you think?

"I have heard the swelling cry of the English speaking peoples of the
world, and it tells me their cause is served best by flaming the few
complacent asses on usenet." -- T. Samant, 29 June 1997