Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.bin/mklocale
To: None <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2003 12:52:05
In article <20030506082632.K362@snowdrop.l8s.co.uk> you write:
>You do have to remember that Fowler's books are on American, not English.

Erm, on what do you base that?  Fowler was English (Oxford-educated),
writing in England, for an English publisher (OUP).  I suppose you could
claim that current American English corresponds to British English of the
early 20th Century, but that's a bit of a stretch.

>So this probably gets into the same area as whether you consider
>behaviour, labelled, mouldier, aluminium and colour to be correct
>spellings...

In NetBSD manual pages, they're all wrong, since NetBSD documentation is
written in American English, not British English (or Japanese English, come
to that).

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/acorn26/>