Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.bin/mklocale
To: None <>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2003 12:52:05
In article <> you write:
>You do have to remember that Fowler's books are on American, not English.

Erm, on what do you base that?  Fowler was English (Oxford-educated),
writing in England, for an English publisher (OUP).  I suppose you could
claim that current American English corresponds to British English of the
early 20th Century, but that's a bit of a stretch.

>So this probably gets into the same area as whether you consider
>behaviour, labelled, mouldier, aluminium and colour to be correct

In NetBSD manual pages, they're all wrong, since NetBSD documentation is
written in American English, not British English (or Japanese English, come
to that).

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>