Subject: Re: X security query.
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2003 10:07:36
 Ar an 6ú lá de mí 5, scríobh Tom Ivar Helbekkmo :

 > Something wrong with your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-config, perhaps?
 > There should be a "DisplayManager._0.authorize: true" in there for
 > your primary display, for instance.

There is at the moment. When I was initially setting up my machine, though,
I set it to "false" when none of the programs that were in GiveConsole and
TakeConsole could access the X server. I turned back on again a few days
ago, and the GiveConsole and TakeConsole programs continued working, so
perhaps it's still turned off for lack of access to files or something.

It sounds silly, but what really worried me was that it could be a major
architectural flaw. Is no-one else able to reproduce the command-line
session in the previous mails? If so, I can breath a sigh of relief, because
my machine's a laptop without a net connection :-) I'll be wiping &
re-installing X presently anyway, so it'll probably just work again then.

--
"I have heard the swelling cry of the English speaking peoples of the
world, and it tells me their cause is served best by flaming the few