Subject: Re: possible causes for read(2) to return EFAULT?
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: None <marcotte@panix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2003 20:51:03
In article <20030430052414.GA1284@rek.tjls.com12317> you write:
>On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:40:59PM -0400, marcotte@panix.com wrote:
>
>What on earth leads you to believe that reporting a serious bug to an
>individual developer -- and not one even working in the area in
>question -- is an appropriate way to get your problems solved?

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted that part to this list, but to answer
your question, Perry was more or less a consultant for us on NetBSD
matters. He requested we send NetBSD issues to him. I guess he can no
longer do this for us, so I did it the old fashioned way.

The PR is "kern/21473" if you'd like to look at it.

In the last few days I've realized that our problem only happens over
NFS and only under certain conditions (it's described in the PR).

--
- Brian