Subject: RE: CVS commit: src/usr.bin/mklocale
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Brown <gmy11@blueyonder.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2003 21:53:55
See also:

http://www.quinion.com/words/qa/qa-oxf1.htm

This is the 'Oxford comma', and is part of the house style of both the
Oxford University and Harvard Presses. It serves to resolve ambiguities in
cases such as:

I buy chocolates only from Prestat, and Charbonnel and Walker

The link above has the following as a nice example of when the comma should
be used. Try reading the following, without it:

I dedicate this book to my parents, Ayn Rand and God.

Dan.