Subject: Re: Any driver for 3com SOHO100B-TX ?
To: Frank Kardel <kardel@acm.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2003 10:32:35
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:16:46PM +0200, Frank Kardel wrote:

> The initialisation fails with
> ex0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0: 3Com 3cSOHO100B-TX 10/100 Ethernet (rev. 0x31)
> ex0: interrupting at ivec 0

This is very likely a interrupt routing problem I'm hunting at the moment.
While "ivec 0" is not a realy impossible value, I've never seen it work ;-)

> ex0: eeprom stays busy.

And this looks like the card is not enabled, due to a PCI config space problem
in the sparc64 PCI code. I banged my head against it some time now, but
it's not realy obvious.

I'm seeing equivalent problems with a bge interface I'm currently testing.

Note that both problems are very likely sparc64 MD problems, so the card will
just work if you put it into a i386 machine, I guess.

Martin