Subject: Re: /usr/bin/which is a csh script!!?!
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2003 09:06:41
Greg hits the nail on the head. When I was brought into the dark side, It was as
a lowly tape-swapper on a mix of pdp-11, Vax-780 and Dec-10 nodes and had to
interact with /bin/sh, /bin/csh, VMS and galaxy/tops-10. In making the 4.1BSD
host my natural home I became infected with /bin/csh as a CLI.

But pragmatism 21 years later means I have accepted the norms of the staff I now
manage, and run bash, as they do. (an abberation into tcsh for a few years is
best forgotten) Alas, my memory fades, and 'which' has more pervasive wiring in
the drum than whence or command -v

Like greg, I've hacked around it.

I apologize for waking up a long, long dead thread. One cluebat hit was enough
for me.

cheers
	-George

--