Subject: Re: /usr/bin/which is a csh script!!?!
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2003 12:55:57
On Wednesday 30 April 2003 12:37 pm, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > imho, the real bug is shells that provide aliases but don't provide
> > something like which(1) as a builtin,
> The only shell so broken in any official NetBSD release is "csh" itself,
> which is why there's a which(1) script just for it.

I've been holding my tongue because I must have missed something obvious, but
/bin/csh on NetBSD 1.6 i386 without any updates appears to have "which"
builtin.  The man page thinks so (and so does the -current page via
man.NetBSD.org), and "which which" does too.

If that's the case, shouldn't the script version sleep with the fishes?
--
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer