Subject: Re: /usr/bin/which is a csh script!!?!
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2003 12:55:57
On Wednesday 30 April 2003 12:37 pm, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > imho, the real bug is shells that provide aliases but don't provide
> > something like which(1) as a builtin,
> The only shell so broken in any official NetBSD release is "csh" itself,
> which is why there's a which(1) script just for it.

I've been holding my tongue because I must have missed something obvious, but
/bin/csh on NetBSD 1.6 i386 without any updates appears to have "which"
builtin.  The man page thinks so (and so does the -current page via, and "which which" does too.

If that's the case, shouldn't the script version sleep with the fishes?
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer
CatchFIRE Systems, Inc.
5885 Trinity Parkway, Suite 220