Subject: Re: possible causes for read(2) to return EFAULT?
To: None <marcotte@panix.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2003 00:07:04
[ On Tuesday, April 29, 2003 at 23:40:59 (-0400), marcotte@panix.com wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: possible causes for read(2) to return EFAULT?
>
> >Running bonnie (after patching some off_t bugs), and not on the first
> >run but rather after a half-dozen successful runs, I see it return an
> >EFAULT from read():
> >
> >	Rewriting...
> >	Bonnie: drastic I/O error (rewrite read): Bad address
>
> This sounds very similar to a problem we have with apache and write().

No, sorry, my error with Bonnie was a false alarm.

I just realized as I was getting ready to run it under GDB that in fact
it was caused by a bug I had introduced in patching in a new "feature"
to make it possible to do apples-to-apples comparisons with FreeBSD's
Bonnie package.

All fixed now, sorry for the confusion!

--
								Greg A. Woods